Sunday, November 23, 2008

Salvation Army Stocking Stuffer Party

This past Friday night we had the wonderful experience of filling 400 stockings for the Salvation Army and needy children in Nashville. My friend Holly has done this for the past 3 years and it just keeps growing. She is also my gym "rat" buddy and one day we were talking and decided that I could get my church involved and between the both groups we could definitely get 400 filled....and we did! It was such a great way to get the entire family involved. Her Sunday school and our 2 wards donated many items and we all met to fill each stocking. We ate great food (organized by my other friend Kristi Johnson) and made new friends while doing something great for someone else.

Kristi wrote a long "ODE TO HOLLY" post on her blog at http://www.weloveourlucy.blogspot.com/ and I would just like to mimic EVERYTHING Kristi said. It is all true and then some! Holly is one of my closest friends and does so much personally for me and my family. Plus, it is a good thing because her little boy, Ben, and Katie are crazy about each other so we might be related someday. :)
I also need to add a HUGE thank-you to Stacey and to Christine. They did so much to help with all of this and they had to sweat over getting it all together just as much as I did and I appreciated their help more than I could ever tell them.....so hopefully they will read this, and they will know again that I LOVE them!
What a GREAT start to feeling the holiday spirit!


Christine with Lauren & Brooklyn

A gym full of people and stocking stuffers. :)



Thanks to Kristi......look at all the great food!

Thanks again to EVERYONE that helped donate, stuff stockings and help with such a wonderful cause!

2 comments:

Ella Marie Boutique said...

I found your blog through Kristi Johnson's. Your girls are adorable! I love the twins, Lauren and Brooklyn, they are so adorable!
Sarah
ellamarieboutique.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Chantelle
You never cease to amaze me. All of that and you are the mother of twins and a three year old. I add the tag onto anything I see you do and it's always amazing. I love how you're all ripe and ready for Christmas with your darling Christmas blog design. Hope Chris is healing well. Have a great Thanksgiving.